Changes

Jump to: navigation, search

Yearly Report 2009

697 bytes added, 22:14, 8 March 2010
November: 2nd Developers Meeting, Major Changes to the ZIM Format
=== November: 2nd Developers Meeting, Major Changes to the ZIM Format ===
[[Developer_Meetings/2009-2]]
The 2 major things about the meeting was the support of the [http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Main_Page Ben NanoNote] platform and major changes in the file format.
 
2 guys from the qi-hardware team joined our meeting and we helped them to port zimlib to the Ben NanoNote.
 
We decided also to change the file format to support indexing by url and title. Also compression was changed from bzip2 to lzma, since lzma is faster to decompress and library support is finally good enough. We also dropped the QUnicode format inherited from the zeno file format, since it only helps to sort german data better. So we decided to simplify ordering and use simple string compare.
== Budget ==

Navigation menu